Establishing credentials in British market
A client in the medical devices sector opened a British subsidiary and wanted to establish its brand in the GB market. The company is based in mainland Europe and has several subsidiaries globally, but the brand was unknown in Britain.
Using its extensive knowledge of the client’s sector, The Niblett Whellams Partnership designed and managed a comprehensive multi-channel campaign to raise awareness of the brand and communicate the credentials of the company to potential customers. The challenge was to help differentiate the company’s offering in an already saturated market, in which it could not compete on cost alone.
Engagement with overseas business
TNWP worked closely with the international sales manager to develop a marketing communications plan for the British subsidiary. The consultancy regularly liaised with the parent company’s corporate communications team to ensure the branding and product claims were consistent with the business strategy, whilst tailoring the messaging to reflect the characteristics of the local market. The consultancy also provided support to the parent company through provision of higher quality English language materials for global use, helping to establish its credentials as an international player.
The local programme of support involved a combination of the following activities:
- Display advertising in professional journals
- Regular news and feature articles
- Case studies and clinical articles
- Development of marketing collateral with strong call-to-action and response mechanisms
- Development and management of direct mail campaigns
- Development of branded email platform for customer communications
- Creation of social media presence and ongoing support with content development and distribution, and follower acquisition
- Creation of opportunities for direct customer engagement, including seminars and networking events
- Provision of sales team advice and support with customer communications, social media training and data protection
- Organising professional photo shoots
Evidence of success
Following eighteen months of sustained and consistent campaigning, the British subsidiary was able to demonstrate evidence that awareness of the brand had risen and report steady sales growth against an increasingly aggressive competitive environment.