Invaluable business development support
Motion is a leading independent consultancy, providing expert advice in transport and infrastructure planning and design. Motion helps clients to successfully conceive, plan and deliver property development schemes.
The company has a particularly strong reputation for demonstrating empathy with clients’ strategic objectives. Its specialists have a sound working knowledge of planning policies and first-hand practical experience in engineering viable highway and infrastructure improvements.
Rigorous integrated programme delivery
The Niblett Whellams Partnership (TNWP) was appointed in 2011 to provide professional specialist marketing and PR services to support Motion’s business development objectives. We have provided a range of initiatives to help increase awareness of Motion’s capabilities to public and private organisations in the planning and development sectors.
- Development planning
- Transport planning
- Travel planning
- Flood risk
- Sustainable drainage systems
- Infrastructure design
- Road safety engineering
- Expert witness services
“The combined effect of the support TNWP has provided has ensured a year-round presence, which has helped Motion achieve its growth targets."
Phil Bell, Motion Managing Director
An initial consultation exercise, involving all members of the senior management team, helped TNWP to understand the company’s unique attributes, ethos and long-term objectives. This led to development of a strategy to complement direct personal engagement and key account management with a number of measures, including:
1. Introduction of a regular client newsletter, designed to impress with a high-quality look and feel, backed up by authoritative content to reflect Motion’s professional credentials and its focus on delivering practical, thorough and results-based advice. TNWP is responsible for delivering every aspect of the project, from initial concepts to production and distribution, in hard-copy and digital formats.
2. Subject matter expert promotion, through production and dissemination of thought-leadership articles about current issues in the property development sector.
3. Organising corporate events to facilitate engagement with clients and prospects, including:
- Managing invitations process and third-party involvement
- Producing branded material to dress venue
- Advising senior management team on presentation and networking skills
4. Supporting the company in its adoption of digital media to engage regularly with clients and prospects, including:
- Managing social media platforms
- Developing relevant, topical content
- Providing staff training and advice to senior management team about maximising the benefits of professional social media for business development
- Producing staff social media guidelines
5. Developing a range of materials, both online and in print, to support Motion’s business development activities and project bids, including:
- Case studies for publication on the Motion website and in other media
- Project profiles in multi-media format and mini biographies for infrastructure team
- Compact flyer providing overview of Motion’s capabilities
6. Supporting the company before, during and after its merger with Transport Planning and Infrastructure, with a programme of communications aimed at their respective clients.
7. Supporting and guiding Motion with development and implementation of GDPR-compliant measures, including an action plan prior to GDPR implementation, additional content for the company website and ongoing advice to ensure compliance.